Since we released Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform (can we call it VB4GCP from now on, do you mind?) a few weeks ago, many users have immediately started to use it. The use case of a single user protecting his resources is very easy to understand and configure, but today I’ve been asked by one of our service providers how could we configure the software to protect different customers from the same installation. Let’s test this in the lab!
In yesterday’s article we have installed and configured Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform. In this article, we will run the first backup and restore operations.
I received a few weeks ago a preview of this software from my colleagues that are developing it, and I wanted to try it out and show it to other people.
One of the most common question I receive in regard to Veeam Cloud Connect, is “What’s the size I should configure for my Veeam server”? Usually, we answered this question using our sizing tools and our best practices, but lately I found a different and probably even better answer, thanks to our big data.
Learn how to install manually the Veeam Service Provider Console managementagent on a Veeam Cloud Connect server.
Last week, Veeam released the new Veeam Service Provider Console v4, the latest version of what was previously called Veeam Availability Console. I run my own VAC (now VSPC) environment, so I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade my lab to the latest version to learn the upgrade process.
For a new chapter of my book on Veeam Availability Console, I created a second virtual datacenter and I needed to connect the two of them together with a vpn. I have many options, like using the embedded ipsec capabilities of the NSX Edge i have at both sites, as they both run vCloud Director, but I decided to use Veeam Powered Network, in order to use this opportunity to learn more about it. And the first thing I’ve learned was how to configure the appliance with a static IP address.
The beginning of each year, lately seems to be the time when I have to update my scripts that control the automatic management of SSL certificates. I started three years ago by learning first about Let's Encrypt certificates, and how they could have solved my needs for automatically renew (for free!) my SSL certificates. At the time I started to use ACMESharp: it seemed to be a great fit as it worked in powershell and had all the features I needed; but lately, it has lagged behind, and the move the ACME v2 was the final nail in its coffin.