I always liked this product in the past, and I wrote also some whitepaper for them. In the past days, StarWind has announced their new version 6.0 of their falgship product, the iSCSI Software SAN. In this new version there are some new valuable features:
- three-nodes High Availability (HA) architecture
- Management functions for HA device nodes. You can add new node to HA device, remove or switch existing nodes without recreating the whole HA device
- High availbility device can use other types of StarWind devices for storing data. It can be deduplicated device, thin-provisioned IBV device, or DiskBridge device
- Asynchronous replication of deduplicated storage. Any iSCSI target can be used as a destination storage for replication
- Backup and management for VMWare ESX virtual machines.
After VMworld I would like to test it, for now you can download the beta version (remember, it’s a beta, do not use it in production!) here: